Wednesday, May 12, 2010

BUSY!

Wow! May has already been a whirlwind- but with Hurricane Boukater that is to be expected! We got together with everyone at Grammy and Poppa's house for Mother's Day dinner. The pictures are blurry because everyone was going full speed all evening! Look closely at our little strawberry girl in another Addie original- a beautifully smocked dress.
We had an outing to the zoo, a terrific time at Race for the Cure and a day at the Renaissance Festival in the last few weeks as well. We entered the 1 mile race for the road race- one of Bryce's favorite activities. Between our forwards running, then backwards to walk with Johnny, Kate and Tad, and forwards again- and then doubling the loop to walk with Johnny's friends, Bryce and I did a 5k in a 1 mile race! The renaissance festival introduced us to jousting, birds of prey and a turkey leg (for Daddy). Oh, and LOTS of, um, interesting people watching.

Brooke is speaking up a storm these days. 'out-tie' is a favorite (outside). Huhry (hungry), MUK!!! (milk), cup, doggy, hippo, Byche (Bryce), Poppa (sorry Grammy), mommy, daddy, car, up, book... And don't scold her when she declares 'sh*t!' as she simply wants you to rest on your haunches for a spell. I know I'm leaving some out! New words are kit, addie, elshie, and tad. Those are infrequent but we're working on them!

Bryce is surprising us every day. He came out with 'whatever' last week. We let him know this is not appropriate. When did he turn 13? The past few nights have been surprising. NOT surprising that he awakens, or stays awake, and leaves his room 30-90 minutes after bedtime. We go through that every so often. What is surprising is that when he is found. In the office. Next to his bed. Climbing in our shower... is that he is 'Shahdrock'. As in 'Mommy, I'm not Bryce I'm Shahdrock'. I don't know the spelling, it is entirely out of Bryce's imagination, I'm going for phonetics here. In fact, Bryce told me this morning that he was Bryce Winston Shahdrock Boukater and asked me how to spell Shahdrock. I was going to ask him!
Mike called me after he dropped the kids at school. I asked him about Shahdrock. He informed me that he did not come out and he suspects he is curled up asleep on Bryce's closet floor after his late-night rompings. Sigh.
At home or away, always an adventure!

















No comments: