Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Conversations

Things are interesting in the Boukater household with two children rapidly growing their vocabulary, sometimes with quantity of words seemingly the main focus. This morning, Brooke awoke to me wearing cheesy Halloween earrings. Brooke: Mommy! You have earrings! Pumpkin earrings! And orange, and green, and white and blaaaack... and continues to list just about every known color as she looks around her room. Tonight was yet another typical evening: Brooke: Dinner! It's dinner Bryce! Bryce: Yay! Oh shrimp. I don't like shrimp. Brooke: I don't like SHRIMP! Mike: It's my favorite. Brooke: Oh. It's your favorite Daddy? It's your favorite? Brooke: It's yucky. Mike: Dip it in the barbecue sauce and eat it with the grits. (yes, folks, we are in the South) Bryce: It's delicious! I like it! Bryce: Brooke, what does the potty train say? Brooke: pooo pooo! Barbara: looks, straight faced, at Mike Mike: cannot see because he is laughing to the point of tears. finally... dinner is over. Mike makes caramel apples. Bryce: Thank you daddy! Thank you for making our favorite dessert! I love caramel apples! Brooke: Do you like apples Bryce? Bryce is it yummy? This continues. Then bed time: Brooke: I got my boggies and my froggies and the orcawhale (one word) and I got BLUgah (beluga). Boggy hug the froggy. That's okay boggy. Eeek! There's an alligator! (points to the blankets) Aw, boggy. It's not scary. (cradles boggy like she's rocking a baby). Bad alligator. Don't do that. Mommy, I want a song about jellyfish. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 jellyfish. And 1, 2, 3 jellyfish. Annnnd orcawhale. And boggies. Brooke is now in bed Bryce: I found my favorite chapter in my favorite book (7 habits of healthy kids). after reading, I asked about his newly-washed doggy stuffed animals Barbara: Bryce, how do your doggies feel (thinking- softer, clean, etc.) Bryce: Sad. It's okay doggies. I missed you. It's time for bed now.

No comments: