We've been living large in Marietta!
Our little Original Gangsta was showing Daddy her gang sign. Or so he thought. Until she pointed out that she needed a Captain Merica bandaid for the boo-boo on her middle finger. Dodged that one!
Good thing our girl wasn't too street-hardened by that near miss. She soon went to a birthday party featuring 'Cillerinda'! It's too sweet to correct. Anyway, Cinderella sang songs, danced, and read to the party-goers. She even gave them tattoos and face painted! Brooke surprised her- her face painting request? Spiderman. Cinderella said that was her first request ever from a girl for Spiderman.
We soon found ourselves looking for indoor fun on one of our few wintry days. Johnny and Tad met us in Kennesaw and we went bowling. There was so much action I didn't really get a good shot! Brooke dressed herself for this adventure. When the lights went down and the colored lights started flashing, our little shorty mob started break-dancing. I wish I had gotten video of Uncle Johnny with a severe case of the giggles. Priceless!!!
Finally, we began March with tornado warnings and watches. On Friday night the 2nd we headed down to the basement after the 2nd siren warning. We were a little concerned about scaring the kids, waking them up at 9pm. We put a mattress down in the basement, grabbed the capri sun, popcorn and all loveys and got ready for a long evening. At one point both Mike and I had darted upstairs for retrieval of items. I went back down to the basement to see Brooke sobbing saying she didn't want to be there. So sad! She had never sobbed like that! I raided the gift shelves (stocked for our 4 bday parties a month) and found a distraction they could enjoy together. Bryce and Brooke found retired toys, we listened to the weather radio, ate popcorn, and were free to go upstairs after only an hour. All was fine, including the house and neighborhood.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment